U0 Split Taper Bushings
A tapered bushing is a common mounting bushing used to secure sprockets and pulleys to shafts. They are an excellent choice for power transmission applications due to their durable design and ability to handle torque. There are 2 types of these tapered bushings – flanged and split. Split Taper Bushings feature a split barrel design to make shaft size adjustment easier, and they feature keyways for a secure connection to the shaft.
For applications where space is limited, tapered locking bushings are a good choice. Its 8-degree taper reduces through-hole length, and the key shaft fits flush inside. The internal threads of the tapered locking bushings are designed to fit into tapered pulleys and sprockets without the need for unsightly protrusions.
For 1/2” shafts, a split tapered bushing is available. Split tapered bushings are also used for cast iron bushing bore pulleys. Buying them together allows you to easily replace the shaft and ensure the bushings are a perfect match. Additionally, split tapered bushings are easier to install and remove than full-size flanged bushings. Split tapered bushings are the best choice for most applications, especially where torque requirements are high.
Dimensions of the U0 Split Taper Bushings
- Bushing Type: U0
- Bore Size: 2-1/2″、2-11/16″、2-3/4″、2-3/8″、2-5/8″、2-5/8″、2-7/16″、2-7/8″、3″、3-1/4″、3-1/8″、3-11/16″、3-3/16″、3-3/4″、3-3/8″、3-5/8″、3-7/8″、4″、4-1/4″、4-1/8″、4-15/16″、4-3/16″、4-3/4″、4-3/8″、4-5/8″、4-7/8″、5″、5-1/2″、5-1/4″、5-1/8″、5-3/16″、5-3/8″、5-7/16″、
- Dimension (L): 4-15/16″
- Dimension (U): 3/4″
- Dimension (T): 4-3/16″
- Large End Dimension (D): 6.000″
- Small End Dimension (D): 5.7656″
- Dimension (H): 8-3/8″
- Dimension (V): 7″
- Dimension (W): 1-1/4″
- Dimension (X): 3-3/4″
- Dimension (Y): 7/16″
- Dimension (R): 7/16″
- Dimension (S): 15/32″
- Cap Screws Amount: 3
- Cap Screw Size: 5/8″ X 2-3/4″
- Wrench Torque: 1680 LBS
- Weight: 27 LBS
1. Make sure the bushing cone and interior of the driven product are clean and free of anti-seize lubricant.
2. Place the bushing into the sprocket or other part type that accepts bushings.
3. Loosely place the cap screws into the pull-up holes. The bushing remains loose to ensure a slip fit on the shaft.
4. Using the key on the shaft, slide the sprocket or other part type to the desired position on the shaft. Make sure the heads of the cap screws are accessible.
5. Align the sprockets or part types, alternately and incrementally tighten the screws until they are taut. Do not use extensions on the wrench handle, and do not allow sprockets or parts to be pulled out and contact the bushing flange. There should be a gap between the bushing flange and the sprocket at this point to ensure that the gap does not close.
1. Loosen and remove cap screws.
2. Insert the cap screws into the threaded removal holes.
3. Tighten the inserted screws until the sprocket or other part type is loose on the shaft.
4. Remove sprocket/part type from the shaft.
What is the purpose of the split tapered bushing?
Split tapered bushings are similar in appearance to QD bushings. Instead of a keyway extending through the barrel to the hub, it splits into 2 places before the hub. Split cones can be keyed to shafts or drive components to maintain their position even if fasteners are loose. Another benefit is that it is interchangeable between different manufacturers. It can be used in many different types of components and is generally preferred over QD bushings.
Among its many features, the split tapered bushing is designed for cast iron bushing bore pulleys. It’s on the same page as the pulley. This product is suitable for shafts up to 3/4″ in diameter. Split tapered bushings are used in gearboxes and other applications requiring friction and lubrication. It is characterized by low noise and easy installation.
Additional benefits of split tapered bushings include a quick release and clamping capabilities. They can also be used to change the pore size. Split bushings are a popular choice due to their low cost and ease of application. Whether you’re looking for the split casing for your next or new project, U.S. Bronze Foundry & Machine are the experts. Our innovative machining and casting capabilities allow us to manufacture complex split bushings and sleeves for your application.
Some manufacturers even sell a shaft locking device that can be installed in the counterbore of the drive part. These locking devices expand externally and internally so they can secure shafts and drive components without the need for a keyway. Because they are non-keyed, they save machine builders money and space. Plus, they allow infinite adjustment of the time. However, these products are generally more expensive than standard tapered bushings.
Click and check out more products you’re looking for.
Q1. Are you a factory?
A. Yes. We are a factory with more than 15 years of manufacturing experience.
Q2. Is OEM and ODM service available?
A. Of course. We have many years of experience in OEM& ODM service.
Q3. I am buying from another supplier, but need better service. Would you match or beat the price I am paying?
A. We always feel we provide the best service and competitive prices. We would be happy to personalize a competitive quote for you， email us.